Polycystic Ovarian Disease
Polycystic Ovarian Disease or commonly known as PCOD or PCOS is a condition that affects the level of hormones in a woman. This hormone imbalance leads to skipping of menstrual periods continuously and makes it harder for them to get pregnant.
PCOS is also the reason behind that unwanted hair growth on the face and body and baldness. And it can also contribute to some long-term and life-threatening health problems like diabetes and heart disease. We are the best gynecologists in Faridabad, Delhi that provides you with complete guidance and treatment regarding PCOD. His hormonal imbalance is not worth ignoring consult your doctor today for proper treatment.
PCOS is a very common problem among teen girls and young women. It’s a hormonal imbalance leading to irregular periods, weight gain, unwanted hairs and acne. Most important of all is its detrimental effect on eggs leading to infertility. We have the PCOD treatment facility in Faridabad, Delhi. Treatment modality in PCOS has four pillars-
- Diet and lifestyle changes
- Medical management
- Surgical management(ovarian drilling), when other options fail
It starts in adolescence and the sequence continues even after menopause. The prevalence rate of this disease is 4 -10%. Our best gynecologists in Faridabad, Delhi have excelled in treating this disease completely.
- Menstrual irregularity due to anovulation or oligoovulation
- Hyperandrogenism- clinical / biochemical
- Polycystic ovaries by USG- >12 follicles in each ovary,2- 9mm or ovarian volume >10mm
Pathophysiology of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- LH Hypothesis
- Insulin Hypothesis
- Ovarian Hypothesis
Following are a few factors that may indicate signs of PCOD. The patient must bring their medical history to get best PCOD treatment as it will give clear and detailed information about menstrual periods and weight changes.
Presence of at least two of the following symptoms indicates that woman is suffering from
- Irregular periods
- Signs of high levels of androgens
- Thinning of scalp hair
- Higher blood levels of androgens
- Polycystic ovaries
Physical examination Pelvic examination by the best gynecologist in Faridabad, Delhi to assess the reproductive organs for masses, growths or other abnormalities
Few tests are advised to be done by doctors to get a clear idea about the patient’s medical condition. These tests include-
- Blood, glucose tolerance and cholesterol levels etc
- Ultrasound: To get the clear image of the appearance of your ovaries and the thickness of the lining of your uterus.
- Screening for depression and anxiety if necessary
- Screening for obstructive sleep apnea
PCOS can be dangerous if not cured on time. This may lead to some serious complications like:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Psychological disorders like depression
- Endometrial cancer
- Gestational diabetes and/or hypertension
- Metabolic syndrome
- Miscarriage or premature birth
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
- Sleep apnea
- Heart disease
PCOS is a curable disease if diagnosed on time. Be careful and consult your doctor immediately if you notice any abnormalities in your hormonal level. We have the best PCOD treatment as we have a team of best gynecologists in Faridabad, Delhi.